Austin D. Drewyer D.D.S.
Dr. Austin Drewyer received his Doctor of Dental Surgery diploma from the University of Maryland Dental School and is the 3 rd generation of Drewyer’s to join the family dental practice. A lifelong resident of Maryland, Dr. Austin currently lives near Catonsville with his wife Lauren. Dr. Austin is excited to continue the long lasting relationships that have been created by his father and grandfather so that he may share his passion for quality dental care. Dr. Austin is a member of the American Dental Association, Maryland State Dental Association and Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Austin enjoys traveling with his wife and most anything having to do with baseball and the local Baltimore/Washington sports teams.
Douglas G. Drewyer D.D.S., M.A.
Dr. Douglas G. Drewyer lives with his beloved wife Elaine just outside of Clarksville, MD. They have three children, a sheep dog and a cat. As a life-long learner, in 2005 he earned a Masters Degree in Applied Healing Arts from the Maryland University of Integrative Health (formerly The TAI SOPHIA Institute). Dr. Drewyer teaches as a member of the Dean's Faculty at the University of Maryland Dental School. At the Dental School, Dr. Drewyer offers a Senior Elective Course titled: A Mindfulness Approach to Clinical Excellence, Transforming What It Means to be a Dentist in the 21st Century.
Dr. Drewyer is the Head Coach of the Laurel American Legion Post 60 Baseball Club and the Coordinator for Coach Training for HCYP Baseball.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, May 1978
James Madison University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, May 1982
University of Maryland Dental School
- Masters of Arts in Applied Healing Arts, 2005
Tai Sophia Institute
- Private Practice of General Dentistry in Silver Spring, MD since 1982.
- Transformative Practice Group Mentor, Tai Sophia Institute, 2006-2010
- Faculty Advisor for Projects of Excellence, Tai Sophia Institute,M.A.Transformative Leadership and Social Change Program
- Dean's Faculty, University of MD Dental School, since 2005
- Senior Elective Course at University of MD Dental School: A Mindfulness Approach to Clinical Excellence, Transforming what it means to be a dentist in the 21st Century
- Senior Elective Course at University of MD Dental School: Mindful Conflict Resolution
- University of MD @ Baltimore Professional Schools Complex, Served as Dental School Representative to the Wellness Advisory Board from 2010-2012
- Faculty Senate: Faculty Welfare Committee, Tai Sophia Institute, 2010
- Head Coach Laurel American Legion Baseball Club
- Has Enjoyed Training Coaches and Players in Howard County since 1989
When you visit our dental office, make sure you wave hello to our wonderful staff:
- Christie and Sarah - Dental Hygienists
- Jean, Deb, Elizabeth, Cindy - Front Office Staff
- Ida and Michelle - Dental Assistants
To request an appointment, we prefer that you call us directly at (301) 622-1717. If you are having a dental emergency please call our office number (301) 622-1717, and we will do our best to see you as soon as possible. If your emergency is life threatening call 911.